Mechanical Aircraft Cable Tension Meter
ACM Aircraft Cable Tension Meters precisely measure the tension in aircraft cables. Use to measure flexible cables with diameters from 1/16” up to 1/4”, CWT cable sizes from 5 to 25, and tension from 5 to 600 pounds.
Click here for DIGITAL Aircraft Cable Tension Meters
First check the chart on the back of the instrument to find the riser setting that corresponds to your cable diameter. Rotate the riser so the correct riser number faces you. Rotate the engagement lever open, and rest the instrument on your tensioned cable. Then rotate the lever closed to engage the instrument on the cable. Read the number indicated by the needle on the dial face, and convert that number to a tension value using the chart on the back of the meter.
STANDARD FEATURES OF ALL MODELS
- Quick, easy, one-handed operation
- Textured handle for secure grip
- Built-in cable selection – no loose, separate risers
- Calibration chart is attached to the meter, easily accessible during use
- Memory Lock Pointer holds readings taken in hard-to-reach areas
- Compact design allows access to small spaces – most models need only 4” clearance
- Durable construction, non-corrodible materials
- Lightweight: approximately 21 oz.
- Stock item – ready to ship, ready to use right out of the box
- NIST-traceable calibration certification included
- One-year warranty against factory defects
- Manufactured and built at our factory in Longmont, Colorado, USA
STANDARD ACM INSTRUMENTS:
|#||Model||Cable Selection||Accuracy -Full Scale||Range (Lbs.)|
|1||ACM-100||1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32"||4%||5-100|
|2||ACM-200||1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4"||4%||20-200|
3/32, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4"
3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16"
|5||ACM-600||1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4"||8%||40-600|
5, 10, 15, 20 & 25 CWT cables
|7||ACM-300-CWT||10, 15, 20 & 25 CWT cables||6%||40-300|
Accuracy for custom calibrations is material-specific.
Previous Part Numbers
|Previous Part No.||Cables Measured||Comment||Tension Range||Current Part No.|
|CWT-150||5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 CWT||10-150 lb.||ACM-150-CWT|
|CWT-300||5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 CWT||Cables are now 10, 15, 20 and 25 CWT||40-300 lb.||ACM-300-CWT|
Tensitron calibrates instruments using the “free hanging weight” method. This means that we vertically suspend an accurately-sized cable, attach a NIST-certified weight to the bottom of it, engage the instrument on the cable, and the tension reading on the instrument will correspond to the amount of the weight. If you require a different calibration method, please contact Tensitron.
To verify the accuracy of your Tensitron meter, use the “free hanging weight” method as a standard rather than comparing your meter’s readings to those of another gauge. Also do not use a tensioning device that converts rotational torque into tension values, and do not simulate tension using a calibration bar, because these systems are often inaccurate and may damage your meter. If you need assistance, please refer to your meter’s Operating Instructions or contact Tensitron.
Click on images for full-size view.Click here and download to view 360°