Mechanical Aircraft Cable Tension Meter
The Model ACM series of Aircraft Cable Tension Meters are designed to precisely measure static tensions in aircraft cables. Use with flexible cables with diameters from 1/16” up to 1/4”, CWT cable sizes from 5 to 25 and tension from 5 to 600 pounds.
Click here for DIGITAL Aircraft Cable Tension Meters
First select the cable size and the associated Riser from the instrument’s selection chart on the back of the instrument. Rotate the Riser so that the appropriate Riser number is facing you. Then separate the instrument’s outer cable contact guides by rotating the engagement lever open and hanging the instrument onto your tensioned cable. Then rotate the lever closed to engage the instrument onto the cable allowing your cable to automatically drop into place. Read the number under the needle on the dial face and then convert that number to a tension value by cross referencing the numbers on the Material Selection Chart.
STANDARD FEATURES OF ALL MODELS
- Easy one-hand operation
- No interchangeable parts are needed to adapt to different cable sizes
- Memory Lock Pointer holds readings until cleared
- Calibration chart affixed to back of meter
- Durable and made of non-corrosive materials
- Weigh approximately 21 oz.
- Compact design allows engagement of meter onto cables closely routed along floors, flat surfaces and other minimum clearanceareas.
- All models through 400 pound capacity are compact, allowing access in panels only 4" in diameter.
- Model ACM-600 can be used through limited access areas as small as 5.3" in diameter.
- All models are typically available from inventory.
- All models are calibrated, certified and ready for use when shipped.
- All instruments factory-calibrated and ready for use. Calibration certificate included and all calibration values traceable to National Standards
STANDARD ACM INSTRUMENTS:
|#||Model||Cable Selection||Accuracy -Full Scale||Range (Lbs.)|
|1||ACM-100||1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32"||4%||5-100|
|2||ACM-200||1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4"||4%||20-200|
3/32, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4"
3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16"
|5||ACM-600||1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4"||8%||40-600|
5, 10, 15, 20 & 25 CWT cables
|7||ACM-300-CWT||10, 15, 20 & 25 CWT cables||6%||40-300|
Accuracy for custom calibrations is material specific.
Previous Part Numbers
|Previous Part No.||Cables Measured||Comment||Tension Range||Current Part No.|
|CWT-150||5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 CWT||10-150 lb.||ACM-150-CWT|
|CWT-300||5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 CWT||Cables are now 10, 15, 20 and 25 CWT||40-300 lb.||ACM-300-CWT|
Tensitron calibrates instruments using the “free hanging weight” method. This means that we vertically suspend an accurately-sized cable, attach a NIST-certified weight to the bottom of it, engage the instrument on the cable, and the tension reading on the instrument will correspond to the amount of the weight. If you require a different calibration method, please contact Tensitron.
To verify the accuracy of your Tensitron meter, use the “free hanging weight” method as a standard rather than comparing your meter’s readings to those of another gauge. Also do not use a tensioning device that converts rotational torque into tension values, and do not simulate tension using a calibration bar, because these systems are often inaccurate and may damage your meter. If you need assistance, please refer to your meter’s Operating Instructions or contact Tensitron.
Click on images for full-size view.Click here and download to view 360°