Tensitron is pleased to announce its 5th generation of digital aircraft cable tension meters, using the latest technology, software, and design improvements providing unsurpassed accuracy and resolution for numerous material sizes and tension ranges.
The Model ACX-1 series of Aircraft Cable Tension Meters are designed to precisely measure static tensions in aircraft cables. Indicate values in Lbs, daN or KG in flexible cables with diameters from 1/16” up to 1/4”, CWT cable sizes from 5 to 25 and metric cables from 2.0mm to 4.0mm. Directly read tension from 5 to 1200 pounds (depending on model). Calibrations for 7/32” and other cable sizes can be added to the cable selection menu upon request.
First, select the cable size from the instrument’s menu. Next, separate the instrument’s outer cable contact guides by rotating the engagement lever open and inserting the instrument onto your tensioned cable. Then rotate the lever closed to engage the instrument onto the cable. Your cable will drop automatically into place and readings will appear on the display once the lever is engaged. Click here for a video demonstration.
Standard Features of all models:
- Large, easy to read, backlit, color display with adjustable backlighting.
- Display shows tension, description of cable selected, dynamic color bar graph indicating changing tensions (Amber = tension too low, Green = correct tension range and red= over range), the previous 5 tension readings along with their average and the battery charge level
- Select tension values to display in Lbs., daN or KG
- Depress the ‘Store” button to record and average your previous five readings along with their average
- Data Logging Feature: Record tension values to the instrument’s memory.
- Data Statistics: Monitor your process by viewing count, average, maximum, minimum, and standard deviation values of your logged data.
- Data Averaging: Use this feature to adjust the stability of your displayed, tension readings. This feature allows the user to select the duration the instrument takes tension readings over and posting that average to the display. Options are: 1, 2, 5 and 10 seconds. This is a rolling average, meaning that only the readings taken in the last 1, 2, 5 or 10 seconds (your choice) will be averaged and displayed.
- Up to 10 additional custom calibrations may be programmed into the instrument
- Extremely accurate custom calibration procedure employing up to a 10-point multilinearization procedure.
- All calibrations are password protected
- Adjustable LCD refresh rates allowing for stable, digital readouts
- Automatic shutoff after several minutes of non-use
- Instruments may be operated continuously while connected to power supply
- Set-Point feature allowing user to define high and low point specifications which are then shown on the main display as an active, color changing bar graph.
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries with power supply provided. Approximately 12 hours of continuous use depending upon backlighting intensity.
- Power supply operates with input voltages from 100 – 240V and includes several, interchangeable adapters allowing use with European, Australian, US, English and other plug configurations.
- Optional features including: Analog Output and Serial Output
- All models typically available from stock
- Includes easy to use, cable diameter gauge to accurately determine correct cable size
- Numerous application specific models available
- Durable, lightweight carrying case with protective foam inserts
- All instruments factory-calibrated and ready for use. Calibration certificate included and all calibration values traceable to National Standards
COLOR DISPLAY / OPERATOR INTERFACE:
- Battery charge level
- Selectable Tension in Lbs., KG or DecaNewtons
- Select Cable and Size. Instrument automatically adjusts calibration
- Active, color changing Bar Graph
- Store and Display up to 5 separate tensions readings and their average
Standard ACX-1 Instruments:
|#||Model||Cable Selection||Accuracy - Full Scale||Resolution (Lbs.)||Range (Lbs.)|
|1||ACX-100-1||1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32"||2%||0.5||5-100|
|2||ACX-100-M-1||2.0, 2.5, 3.5mm||2%||0.5||5-100|
1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32",
1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32"
5, 10, 15, 20, 25 CWT
1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16"
|6||ACX-250-M-1||2.0, 2.5, 3.5, 4.0mm||2%||0.5||20-250|
1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16",
2.0, 2.5, 3.5, 4.0mm
|8||ACX-250-CWT-1||5, 10, 15, 20 & 25 CWT cables||2%||0.5||20-250|
1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16",
5, 10, 15, 20, 25 CWT
|10||ACX-500-1||3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4"||2%||1.0||40-500|
|11||ACX-500-M-1||2.5, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5mm||2%||1.0||40-500|
3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 1/4" &
2.5, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5mm
|13||ACX-1200-SCB-1||3/16", 7 x 19 construction only. NSN #:6635-01-602-6324||3%||1.0||40-1200|
*Calibrations for 7/32" and for additional metric-sized cables can be added to the cable selection menu upon request.
Accuracy for custom calibrations is material specific.
Previous Part Numbers
|Previous Part No.||Cables Measured||Tension Range||Current Part No.|
|ACX-CMB-1||1/16" - 3/16" and 5 - 25 CWT||20-250 lb.||ACX-250-CMB-1|
|ACX-CMB-M-1||1/16" - 3/16" and 2.0 - 4.0 mm||20-250 lb.||ACX-250-FM-1|
5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 CWT
Available options and accessories for all ACX-1 instruments:
|Option / P.N.||Description|
|-E||RS-232 Serial Output option. Provided with 10’ cable with DB-9 connector to interface with your receiving device. USB to DB9 adapter available on request. Select data sampling rate from 1, 2 or 5 Hz|
Power Supply, digital instruments (with interchangeable adapters)
Serial Output Note: Your receiving device will require a "software wedge" in order to upload data from the instrument and there are many of these programs to choose from. (If you require a "software wedge" program there is "freeware" software available as long as it is not used in countries with encryption restrictions [US, Europe and Canada are fine] and usually this "freeware" does not need to be installed to operate.)
Tensitron calibrates instruments using the “free hanging weight” method. This means that we vertically suspend an accurately-sized cable, attach a NIST-certified weight to the bottom of it, engage the instrument on the cable, and the tension reading on the instrument will correspond to the amount of the weight. If you require a different calibration method, please contact Tensitron.
To verify the accuracy of your Tensitron meter, use the “free hanging weight” method as a standard rather than comparing your meter’s readings to those of another gauge. Also do not use a tensioning device that converts rotational torque into tension values, and do not simulate tension using a calibration bar, because these systems are often inaccurate and may damage your meter. If you need assistance, please refer to your meter’s Operating Instructions or contact Tensitron.
- Approximate weight: 1.5 Lbs depending upon configuration
- CE certification complying with “EN 61326-1: 1997, Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control and Laboratory Use”
- FCC certification
Cable Diameter Gauge
This is a Cable Diameter Gauge. It lets users measure the cable to be measured so they can easily select the correct cable from the meter’s menu. It is included with each ACX-1 at no additional charge.