The Model CX-1 series of Cable Tension Meters are designed to measure static and slowly moving tensions in round configurations such as cable, wire, rope, and guy wires as well as narrow rectangular wire, bands and straps.
Indicate tensions in Lbs, daN or KG in flexible cables with diameters up to ¾” and with tensions from 50 lbs to 2,000 lbs.
First select your material and its size. Next separate the instrument’s rollers by rotating the engagement lever and place onto your tensioned cable then rotate the lever to engage the instrument onto the cable. Your cable will drop automatically into place and readings will appear on the display once the lever is engaged.
- Large, easy to read backlit, color display with adjustable backlighting.
- Display shows tension, name of material selected, minimum and maximum tension values, dynamic color bar graph indicating changing tensions and battery charge level
- Select tension values to display in Lbs., daN or KG
- Up to 10 additional custom calibrations may be programmed into the instrument
- Extremely accurate custom calibration procedure employing up to a 10-point multilinearization procedure.
- All calibrations are password protected
- Adjustable LCD refresh rates allowing for stable, digital readouts
- Automatic shutoff after several minutes of non-use
- Instruments may be operated continuously while connected to power supply
- Data Logging Feature. Select either Continuous or Single Point data logging mode and record tension values to the instrument’s memory.
- Data Statistics: Monitor your process by viewing count, maximum, minimum, average, and standard deviation values of your logged data.
- Data Averaging: Use this feature to adjust the stability of your displayed, tension readings. This feature allows the user to select the duration the instrument takes tension readings over and posting that average to the display. Options are: 1, 2, 5 and 10 seconds. This is a rolling average, meaning that only the readings taken in the last 1, 2, 5 or 10 seconds (your choice) will be averaged and displayed.
- Set-Point feature allowing user to define high and low point specifications which are then shown on the main display as an active, color changing bar graph.
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries with power supply provided. Approximately 12 hours of continuous use depending upon backlighting intensity.
- Power supply operates with input voltages from 100 – 240V and includes several, interchangeable adapters allowing use with European, Australian, US, English and other plug configurations.
- Optional features including: Custom Rollers, Analog Output and Serial Output
- All models typically available from stock
- Numerous application specific models available
- All instruments factory-calibrated and ready for use. Calibration certificate included and all calibration values traceable to National Standards
COLOR DISPLAY / OPERATOR INTERFACE:
- Battery charge level
- Selectable tension in lb., kg, or daN
- Select cable and size. Instrument automatically adjusts calibration
- Active, color-changing Bar Graph
- Minimum and maximum values
Standard CX-1 Instruments:
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE: CX-SM-1 meters have a shorter profile for better access in limited spaces.
|Model||Cable Diameter||Range in Lbs.||Resolution||Accuracy - Full Scale|
|CX-1000-1||Up to 3/4" (19mm), 7 x 7 and 7 x 19 construction. 19.73" profile.||50–1,000||5.0 lb.||2%|
|CX-1000-SM-1||Up to 3/8" (9mm), 7 x 19 construction. 15" profile.||50–1,000||5.0 lb.||2%|
|CX-2000-1||Up to 3/4" (19mm), 7 x 7 and 7 x 19 construction. 19.73" profile.||100–2,000||10.0 lb.||2%|
|CX-2000-SM-1||Up to 3/8" (9mm), 7 x 19 construction. 15" profile.||100–2,000||10.0 lb.||2%|
Available options and accessories for all CX-1 instruments:
|Option / P.N.||Description|
|-E||RS-232 Serial Output option. Provided with 10’ cable with DB-9 connector to interface with your receiving device. USB to DB9 adapter available on request. Select data sampling rate from 1, 2 or 5 Hz|
|CASE-CX||Heavy duty case with dense foam inserts.|
Power Supply, digital instruments (with interchangeable adapters)
Serial Output Note: Your receiving device will require a "software wedge" in order to upload data from the instrument and there are many of these programs to choose from. (If you require a "software wedge" program there is "freeware" software available as long as it is not used in countries with encryption restrictions [US, Europe and Canada are fine] and usually this "freeware" does not need to be installed to operate.)
Suitable Applications for CX-1 Series
Tensitron's Cable Tension Meters are designed for use on flexible materials with diameters up to 3/4" (19mm). The diameter and rigidity of your cable constructions will determine the CX Model best suited for your application.
Wire Rope Constructions are determined by the number of strands, and the number of wires per strand. For example, a 7 x 19 rope consists of 7 strands, and each strand is made with 19 wires.
Generally, any wire rope constructed from solid, single strands (for example; 1 x 6, 1 x 7 or 1 x 19) will be too stiff to allow accurate tension measurements using a tension meter. These types of non-flexible wire-rope constructions are widely used on standing rigging, such as communication towers and sail boat rigging. Excessively stiff cables will cause overloading and damage to the instrument.
7 x 7 and 7 x 19 constructions are used when flexibility in the cable is required. The CX-Series of digital tension meters are designed to measure tension on these types of cables.
The diameter and rigidity of your cable constructions will determine the instrument best suited for the application, but the line speeds of your processes must also be considered. Although the cable tension meters are extremely versatile, it is not always possible to measure tension in all of your processes with one type of instrument (or one instrument model). Kindly contact one of our application engineers for help in selecting the right instrument for your specific application.
Tensitron calibrates instruments using the “free hanging weight” method. This means that we vertically suspend an accurately-sized cable, attach a NIST-certified weight to the bottom of it, engage the instrument on the cable, and the tension reading on the instrument will correspond to the amount of the weight. If you require a different calibration method, please contact Tensitron.
To verify the accuracy of your Tensitron meter, use the “free hanging weight” method as a standard rather than comparing your meter’s readings to those of another gauge. Also do not use a tensioning device that converts rotational torque into tension values, and do not simulate tension using a calibration bar, because these systems are often inaccurate and may damage your meter. If you need assistance, please refer to your meter’s Operating Instructions or contact Tensitron.
- Size: 19.73" L x 12.44" H x 2.28" Thk
- Approximate weight: 7 Lbs depending upon configuration
- CE certification complying with “EN 61326-1: 1997, Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control and Laboratory Use”
- FCC certification